- The Service Delivery Department (SDD) has experienced great instability over the past years.
- The organization is below profitability objectives, due to the lack of stability in its organizational structure.
- The activity's decision-making process is no longer efficient.
- The sales department organization turns the sales representatives towards products they mastered the most et the expense of the SDD. They also do not promote the SDD's growth.
- The KPIs are poorly developed.
- Preparation of the construction sites is not optimal and causes loss of field teams' efficiency.
- The existing Enterprise Resource Planning is obsolete, the company is thus looking for a new partner.
- Due to the upcoming retirement of the company's founder, a common strategy needs to be redefined and shared to insure the firm's future.
- Increasing the SDD efficiency by 10% (+450k€ annual gross margin).
- Fostering the business development.
- Setting up a monitoring system for the profitability of the construction sites.
- Creating and setting up steering tools.
- Helping towards the choice of a new ERP.
- Launching the innovation process and fostering the strategic plan.
Completion of 6 workstreams to achieve the project objectives
A – Efficiency: Lean SDD construction site: planning, works preparation and follow-up, continuous improvement (PDCA).
B – Business development support: defining a trade policy, reviewing organization and sales representatives’ remuneration policy, increasing synergy between commercial delegates and project managers.
C – Issuing SDD cost prices: drawing up a cost accounting plan, defining the distribution of the fixed/variable and direct/indirect costs, reporting tool and process.
D – Setting up S&OP/MPS processes.
E – Helping towards the choice of a new ERP.
F – Initiating an innovation process and fostering the strategic plan: insuring the development and sustainability of the business, and a smooth transition.
- An increase of 450k€ in the annual gross margin (those results were obtained sooner than expected: by the end of the project, a profit of 830k€ had been made, that is 230k€ more than the expected 600k€).
- Effective implementation of steering tools, thus fostering commercial and operational decision-making.
- Professionalization of the control framework.
- Stabilization of the organization through the establishment of the new job position of site manager, thus enhancing performance.